Butter On Jam
Today was Josh's day off and we did quite a bit of running around. We went to Best Buy to pick out a new video camera (I'm SO excited for it by the way, my mother-in-law is buying it for us for Christmas! Thank you Mary Ann!) we went to Office Depot, (both Josh and I love office supply places, we aren't sure why...) we went to Josh's favorite restaurant for our date this week, and lastly we went to Mary Ann's to help with a few small home improvement projects. To be honest with you, sometimes, Josh's days off don't really feel like days off. Usually we have a load of stuff to do so it doesn't always feel like he gets a break. But that's when I feel truly blessed.
He's really, truly, honestly the hardest worker I've ever seen. He never stops going and helping others every chance he gets. He'd do anything he had to to provide for our little family. He's so strong in the gospel and it makes me so proud to be married to a worthy priesthood holder who loves me truly unconditionally.
He does such a great job of making me feel beautiful even though I feel really fat. He tells me how pretty I am every day and he does a fabulous job of spoiling me. ;)
One of the best things he's done for me throughout this pregnancy is he's helped me love and embrace my stretch marks.
He's really, truly, honestly the hardest worker I've ever seen. He never stops going and helping others every chance he gets. He'd do anything he had to to provide for our little family. He's so strong in the gospel and it makes me so proud to be married to a worthy priesthood holder who loves me truly unconditionally.
He does such a great job of making me feel beautiful even though I feel really fat. He tells me how pretty I am every day and he does a fabulous job of spoiling me. ;)
One of the best things he's done for me throughout this pregnancy is he's helped me love and embrace my stretch marks.
Here's a lovely example of my stretch marks. I didn't even know you could get stretch marks on your calves!
Anyway, I've been hit the hardest on my upper thighs, calves and stomach. It's been really hard on me since I've always been thin and I think my body just likes to make stretch marks. I've actually had a few breakdowns because I have days where I feel like my body is permanently ruined.
But then, there's Josh.
I started getting my marks around week 10. It was a really bad week for me. I was down quite a bit and I wasn't confident whatsoever. One day, Josh comes up to me, gives me a hug and then he looks me in the eye. "It's okay, I love your stretch marks. It just makes you my little tiger." Then he kissed me on the forehead and gave me a hug. That one little comment made it all better. Granted, I've mourned over my pre-pregnancy body a couple times after that, but he's said that as well as other things to help me feel better. I'm just his little tiger. :)
So anyway, I was getting ready for bed and I went into the kitchen to see if Josh was doing okay with his homework. I checked on him, kissed him on the top of his head and as I was walking away, I said, "I hope you know you're my favorite person ever."
Then, he replied "You're better than butter on jam."
This made me stop short and look at him, all sorts of confused. Better than butter on jam?
"I heard you right, right?"
"Yup. Better than butter on jam."
I don't always understand my husband's compliments but I'll take what I can get. I feel pretty darned good right now 'cause in Josh's eyes, I'm better than butter on jam. :)
Comments