50 Things I'm Thankful For

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I thought I would make a list of some of the things I'm thankful for.


  1. Texting. I always worry about Josh working and driving around on the snowy and icy roads around the Salt Lake Valley so its nice to be able to ask if he's doing okay and if he's still safe. 
  2. The internet. Its such a blessing to have access to pretty much any information you want right at home.
  3. Blankets. I've always found comfort in blankets, whether its for snuggling up to a good movie with your husband or if its to protect from all the nighttime nasties that could be lurking in the darkness after a bad dream.
  4. Roses. They just make me happy. 
  5. Vacuum cleaners. Josh and I lived for just over a year without one of our own and when you have two birds who shed feathers everywhere, its nice to have some help with the cleanup. 
  6. Shoes. I don't think I need to explain this one.
  7. Socks. What else would I use to keep my piggies warm on a cold winter day at home?
  8. Lotion. I dry out so bad during these winter months and I couldn't live without my Bath and Body Works lotion.
  9. Blistex brand chapstick  I cracked my lip for the first time thus far during the winter about a week ago and the only thing that has kept it from getting worse is my trusty Blistex.
  10. Cameras. I'm so glad I've been able to document my courtship, wedding, and beyond with Josh. 
  11. Ultrasounds. My grandma was telling me that she didn't get to know what she was having until the baby came out. I feel so blessed to be able to know I'm having a boy and to have those ultrasound pictures as lasting memories.
  12. Pecan pie. Its my absolute favorite pie and I can't ever get enough!
  13. Bacon. Need I say more?
  14. Facebook. It's so nice to be able to keep up with friends and family who have moved on from Utah.
  15. Braces. If braces didn't exist, I'd look like a buck-toothed beaver of a mess right now.
  16. Love notes from Josh. They bring me up on my worst days and he always seems to sense when I need a good pick-me-up because that's when he leaves them for me.
  17. A warm bed to sleep in. No explanation is needed. 
  18. Cars. If we still were using horse and buggy, I don't think I could stand living this far away from my family.
  19. A healthy pregnancy. I have had virtually no complications thus far (aside from my GBS+ result, which isn't a big deal) and I feel so blessed.
  20. My apartment. Its SO much better than the place we used to live at and I love feeling safe when I walk around the complex with Chloe.
  21. Bendy straws. I think they're fun and they just make me happy. :)
  22. Kettle corn! Yum is all I can say.
  23. Diamonds. They're a girls best friend, after all.
  24. Baby feet. I can't get enough of Lincoln's baby feet ultrasound photo. I can't wait to see them for real!
  25. Dishwashers. I hate doing dishes so I'm glad there's a gadget that can do it for me.
  26. Washing machine and dryer. Josh and I didn't have a washing machine or dryer in our last place. Its so easy to take something like that for granted and then when you don't have it, it really sucks.
  27. Fly swatters. Nuff said.
  28. Whipped cream. Brownie a la Mode with a little whipped cream is so darned good.
  29. Apples with peanut butter. It has tasted better than candy for a good portion of my pregnancy and I just can't get enough.
  30. My mom's lemon bars. They're probably the most addicting, most delicious dessert I've ever eaten! She's going to make them for my baby shower and I'm pretty sure she should have a whole pan ready just for me 'cause I'd totally eat it by myself if I could.
  31. Holding hands. It makes me smile so big when me and Josh are out and about and he grabs my hand without reservation. 
  32. Josh's job at Diamond Rental. I'm glad Josh has a good job that has consistent hours. Without that, I don't know exactly where we would be right now.
  33. Hair ties and bobby pins. For those days that I'm sick of my long hair in my face.
  34. Puppies. I don't think there's a better way to feel better after a crappy day than to go play with puppies. Plus, I must say, when Chloe was a puppy, she was possibly the cutest thing ever.
  35. Sweatpants. I don't know how I'd ever be comfortable at this stage in my pregnancy without sweats
  36. Flat irons. My hair has kind of become a mess since I got pregnant so I'm glad I have a flat iron to smooth things out in the hair department.
  37. Snow. As you read in my Its Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas post, snow is possibly my favorite thing about winter.
  38. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I'm so proud to be a member of this church and it has been my rock. I know for a fact that the church is true and I don't know where I would be without it.
  39. My friends. If I didn't have such great friends when I was in high school, I don't think I'd be where I am today. They helped me immensely through my rough patch and I couldn't be more grateful.
  40. My in-laws. Mary Ann cares so much about Josh and I, she's helped us out so much, especially when we had to move out of our apartment in two and a half days. Austin is so much fun to be around. Kelly is a joy.
  41. My birds Rocket and Merlin. They can drive me crazy with the feathers everywhere but they bring a lot of humor.
  42. Chloe. I've had her since I was 13 and she's always there for me. Poodles are noted for being emotionally sensitive and she definitely falls into that category. When I'm sad she always comes up and tries to comfort me. She helped me through my rebellious stage (as strange as that may sound) She's just a huge blessing.
  43. My sister-in-law, Marisa. She's just a sweetheart!
  44. My oldest brother, Eric. He's an inspiration to me for his military service and his hard work to reach his dream.
  45. My brother Cameron. I don't remember the last time I went to visit my parents and I didn't think, "Why do I not spend more time with Cameron?" He's so darned funny and he's just a joy.
  46. My sister, Madison. She's so strong and so fun. She's probably my best friend when it comes to my siblings, and I feel so blessed to have such a great support in her.
  47. My dad, David. He has worked so incredibly hard my whole life to give us kids everything we need. He cares so much about me and Josh and I love him. I'll always be daddy's little girl.
  48. My mom, Laurel. She's my best friend. She's so supportive in everything I do and she's always been my rock. I love you mom!
  49. My son, Lincoln. Even though he's not here yet, he's still brought such a great spirit to mine and Josh's marriage. I already feel such a love for my little boy, I can't even express it.
  50. My husband, Joshua. What can I say that I haven't already said about him? He's my best friend, my confidant and my knight in shining armor. He has definitely kept his promise to take care of me and he works his butt off to do so. He loves me unconditionally and he's just the best thing to ever happen to me. He's my soul mate. I'm truly, madly deeply in love with him and I couldn't pick a better man to spend the rest of eternity with. I love you, Josh!
Thanks for reading!

Mackenzie

Comments

pandaandlion said…
This was very sweet. I just might steal this post idea. xoxox
Laurel said…
I love that you posted your blessings. You have been such a wonderful blessing in our lives Mackenzie. We love you sooooo much.
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36 Pregnancy Update

Lincoln 7 Week Update

Something Terrible Happened