One Year of Cloth

I can't believe its already been a whole year since I started cloth diapering! Its been a wonderful journey so far and I'm excited to continue doing it.

When I first started cloth diapering, Lincoln was one month old. The diapers were pretty bulky on him and I was worried they would be uncomfortable for him to wear since he was still so skinny. As the weeks went by, however, he started filling them out better so I was feeling better about using them.

There were a couple times during that first month where I kept thinking, This is too much extra work or I want to go back to disposables. Those thoughts were promptly nipped in the bud by Josh, who reminded me that we spent a lot of money of those little things and he wasn't going to let them go to waste. So I pushed through my doubts and eventually it came to a point where I couldn't imagine doing it any other way.

Cloth diapering really isn't that much different, really the only difference is that you have to wash the contents of your diaper pail instead of just throwing it away. It really didn't take long for me to fall in love with cloth diapering.

Yep, you read that right. I love cloth diapering!!

How, you might ask, could changing poopy diapers ever be fun?!

Well, I can think of a few different reasons why I love cloth diapering my son.

  1. We are saving tons of money! For just a basic stash, after the first 9 months of exclusively cloth diapering (no disposable diapers/wipes) you start saving money! (wborn to potty training cost for disposables, $2000. Newborn to potty training using cloth, about $550 for a basic stash)
  2. Lincoln's bum is nice and cushioned. He's still wobbly sometimes while walking and the cloth diapers help avoid some meltdowns from falling down on his little butt.
  3. Less grocery store trips! We do use disposable wipes, so we do need to buy those about once a month but its a lot less often than if he would be in disposable diapers too.
To my surprise, Josh doesn't mind putting the diapers together and taking care of the mess on them. We use a diaper sprayer to get off the excess yuckies. He actually admitted that he thinks its just as easy as disposables.

I'm SO glad we decided to do the cloth diapering deal. Its so easy and so worth an extra load of laundry every week.

Stay tuned for a post about my current stash coming soon!

Thanks for reading!

Mackenzie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36 Pregnancy Update

Lincoln 7 Week Update

Something Terrible Happened