Week 40 Pregnancy Update

I made it! The reason I look so comatose will be explained down below.

How Far Along? 40 weeks, 1 day
Total Weight Gain: 25 lbs.
Maternity Clothes? Heck yes!
Stretch Marks? Tons
Sleep: I've been sleeping well but I keep waking up at 4 AM(ish) every morning for the past week
Best Moment This Week: Going to my appointment on Monday and finding out that I might be induced on January 4th instead of the 7th!
Miss Anything? Not being preggo. Yup, that sums it up.
Movement: He's slowed down a ton over the past week. Josh and I actually went to the hospital on Friday night because Linc wasn't moving hardly at all all day. Luckily, after I got checked and I sat on the bed in the hospital for about an hour he started moving a lot again. Talk about scary!
Food Cravings: Nothing really. I actually have a lack of appetite. The only reason I really eat is because I know Lincoln needs to eat.
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick? Eggs, fish, peppermint.
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: My Braxton Hicks have been extremely consistent for the past few nights (yes, sadly they're only coming at night) but I've only had two that could be considered painful.
Symptoms: Lots of Braxton Hicks and lots of discharge.
Belly Button In or Out: Out. I'm not sure if it will even go back in after the kid is out, its sticking out so far. I tried to make it stay down with a band-aid and it didn't really help.
Wedding Ring On or Off? Off. I can't even fit it past my knuckle anymore.
Happy or Moody? Moody. That'll be explained below.
Looking Forward To? Having this kid OUT.

So Josh and I got our hopes up over the past few days and its been really hard on me. So yesterday around 4:30 PM, I felt a small gush of fluid come out. I went to the bathroom to investigate. It seemed like more discharge than normal but not by much so I stood up and more came out so I assumed my water had broken. Josh and I were at the hospital by 5:30 and they hooked me up to the fetal heartbeat monitor and the contraction monitor. They swabbed me to check if it was amniotic fluid. The nurse seemed confident so Josh and I got excited that we might be having a baby. 

So while we waited for the test results to come back, we found ELF on TV and we tried to distract ourselves. About an hour later, the nurse came back with the disappointing news; it wasn't amniotic fluid and they were sending me home. I was kind of sad about it. The nurse said that if I felt more fluid in the morning to come back in. We left at about 9:30 (and I took the picture above at about 11, that's why I look so tired.)

So this morning, I woke up feeling wet. So, we jumped in the car and went to the hospital again. I was there for about three hours. I had a feeling they were just going to tell us to leave and, to no surprise, they told me the same thing; no amniotic fluid and they were sending me home. 

I had a complete breakdown once the nurse left the room. I was just so frustrated that they didn't have answers for me of what that fluid was or when they thought I might go into labor. I'll be completely honest, I am SO done being pregnant. I want my old body back, I'm sick of feeling uncomfortable and I want to have my baby. That's it. The fact that I don't know for sure when that's going to happen is so stressful and hard for me to deal with. 

For anyone who doesn't know me, I always need to know the plan. If Josh and I are driving someplace, I always have to know what route we're taking. If I'm going out with friends, I always need to plan out what we're doing. In other words, I'm really bad at flying by the seat of my pants, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing, although its horrible for my anxiety and stress levels. 

I feel so blessed to have had such a smooth pregnancy with no surprises. I still want it to be done and over with though. 

Hopefully Lincoln will come out soon.

Thanks for reading! 

Mackenzie

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm so sorry!!! I've been thinking about you a lot. I'm sorry that my massage didn't help :( I guess he just wasn't ready to come out. Let me know if you need anything!! Don't hesitate to ask. Love ya girl!
*~JeSsIe~* said…
any day now :) that's good that's how my friend was too :) and bam! 3 days later her water broke :)
katie ridings said…
Where is this baby!! I was expecting to get to your page & the little one be here :)

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36 Pregnancy Update

Lincoln 7 Week Update

Something Terrible Happened