Week 38 Pregnancy Update Plus Hair and Nails
I'm in the home-stretch!
Total Weight Gain: 24 lbs.
Maternity Clothes? Abso-frickin'-lutely!
Stretch Marks? Yeppers
Sleep: Getting to sleep has been challenging, staying asleep has been really easy. However, for the past week, I've been having possibly the most bizarre dreams I've ever had in my whole life. I'm still not sure what they mean...?
Best Moment This Week: My big sis cutting my hair and painting my toes last night. I've been feeling pretty darn unattractive for the past few weeks so this 'mini makeover' was just what the doctor ordered to bring my spirits back up.
Miss Anything? Not being pregnant. Yeah, I won't take falling asleep really easy and not feeling like I'm going to throw up after every meal for granted again. EVER.
Movement: He's still active. However, he has finally started slowing down. Its more like he's doing water aerobics as opposed to kickboxing.
Food Cravings: Sugar! Its been the ONLY thing to settle my little on-the-fritz tummy of mine.
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick? Eggs, fish, peppermint (although, pretty much everything has made me sick in the past week, and I mean EVERYTHING) Josh bought Costa Vida for dinner last night and, very surprisingly, it had no ill effects on my stomach at all. In fact, it was the best thing I've had in about a week and a half! :)
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: I've definitely had some of the early signs of labor like menstrual-like cramps, Lincoln has dropped FOR SURE as you can see in the picture above, and I've been having a lot more Braxton-Hicks contractions.
Symptoms: Aside from what I listed above, my stomach has just been ticked off this whole last week and my feet have been swelling (mildly) over the past two or three days. Okay, its mostly just my right one.
Belly Button In or Out: Out for sure.
Wedding Ring On or Off? Off, for good this time. Or at least until my pregnancy is over. I was so sad when I've tried to put it on the past couple days and it just won't fit. :(
Happy or Moody? I'm happy whenever my stomach isn't yelling at me for eating something it didn't like.
Looking Forward To? Getting this baby out! Josh's childhood friend Stormy had her baby at 38 and a half weeks so I'm crossing my fingers that this will all be over as early as hers was.
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick? Eggs, fish, peppermint (although, pretty much everything has made me sick in the past week, and I mean EVERYTHING) Josh bought Costa Vida for dinner last night and, very surprisingly, it had no ill effects on my stomach at all. In fact, it was the best thing I've had in about a week and a half! :)
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: I've definitely had some of the early signs of labor like menstrual-like cramps, Lincoln has dropped FOR SURE as you can see in the picture above, and I've been having a lot more Braxton-Hicks contractions.
Symptoms: Aside from what I listed above, my stomach has just been ticked off this whole last week and my feet have been swelling (mildly) over the past two or three days. Okay, its mostly just my right one.
Belly Button In or Out: Out for sure.
Wedding Ring On or Off? Off, for good this time. Or at least until my pregnancy is over. I was so sad when I've tried to put it on the past couple days and it just won't fit. :(
Happy or Moody? I'm happy whenever my stomach isn't yelling at me for eating something it didn't like.
Looking Forward To? Getting this baby out! Josh's childhood friend Stormy had her baby at 38 and a half weeks so I'm crossing my fingers that this will all be over as early as hers was.
Here's my blue glitter toes! As you can see on the right, my toes look like little sausages!!!
My new haircut! I've been loving having it so far. Thanks Madison!!!
I'm hoping that I get to meet little Lincoln this week. I've been counting down since week 4 and this journey has felt like its taken a lifetime. I can't wait to see what the next few weeks turn out to be. Josh is convinced that I'll deliver on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. I don't think I'll make it to the end of next week and my mom thinks I'll have to be induced for going past my due date. Only time will tell...
Thanks for reading!
Mackenzie

Comments