Week 16 Pregnancy Update
Baby is the size of an avocado!
How Far Along? 16 weeks 2 days
Weight Gain? 1 pound
Maternity Clothes? I've been kinda bummed this week since I can't wear my medium maternity pants. All my maternity pants are medium but one pair is cut small, two medium pairs are the ones I wore most of my last pregnancy and the pair I've been wearing lately is cut bigger than the rest. This pair is slightly too big for my legs so they don't stay up very well but they don't squish the baby as much as the medium ones do. I was actually wearing one of my medium pairs on Saturday and the baby was kicking the top of them because baby was getting squashed too much. :(
Stretch Marks? They haven't gotten any worse since week 14 so I'm pretty happy about that.
Sleep? I've been sleeping much better this week than in previous weeks and I've been using my body pillow between my legs to relieve some hip discomfort.
Best Moment This Week? Realizing that Monday was the start of Josh's time off! He's gonna be home until the day after Christmas and I'm so stoked!!
Missing Anything? Not feeling fat! I really just want to start showing so I don't have to feel so chubby!
Movement? I was watching my big brother perform as Young Scrooge in A Christmas Carol on Saturday night and the baby was moving a ton! Its so exciting!
Food Cravings? Chocolate doughnuts and smoked sausage.
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick? Marinara sauce, bacon and eggs.
Have You Started Showing Yet? Not yet! Gah, its driving me crazy that my baby is still tucking itself away in my tummy! I'm definitely stuck in the you-don't-look-pregnant-you-just-look-fat stage and its getting really old, really fast.
Gender Prediction? Both Josh and I were thinking girl but my Auntie Kate told me that her two pregnancies were so different that she swore she was having a girl with her second pregnancy but it ended up being a boy, so maybe I'm totally wrong and its a boy in there. So I guess I really don't know, but Josh is still thinking a girl.
Labor Signs? Heck no!
Symptoms? My acne is still going nuts and the bottom of my ribs have begun to be sore when I don't sit with good posture. That alone is giving me hope that I'll start showing soon.
Happy or Moody? Happy, for the most part. I've had a couple random and completely unprovoked crying fits but other than that, I'm feeling good.
Belly Button, In or Out? Still in.
Wedding Ring, On or Off? On!
Looking Forward To? One week from today when we will (hopefully) find out the gender!
Thanks for reading!
Mackenzie

Comments