I Think We've Found A Boys Name!

So its 11 days before my ultrasound and I'm getting super anxious! I love the feeling of knowing what your baby is so you don't have to call it, well, an 'it'! The baby can hear you by week 16 so you can start calling them by their name after your mid-pregnancy ultrasound! That's actually the biggest reason I like to know what I'm gonna name them before I go.

Good news in the name department! I think we've found the name we're using if its a boy! Well, not the complete first-middle-last combination, but we have found a first name that Josh loves and I'm learning to love. 

I'm pretty sure my husband is the pickiest person I've ever seen when it comes to naming a baby. He doesn't care if I do my makeup, how I decorate the house or if I lounge in sweats all day, but he definitely has a thing or two to say about pretty much every single name I mention. Its usually negative or neutral feedback, so I was beginning to think this whole naming the baby thing was gonna be a lost cause.

I was freaking out, as I'm sure you all noticed by my 'I'm Open To Suggestions!' post, until I suggested a name that I wasn't really fond of, but I didn't mind it.

Here's how Josh's responses usually go:
"That name is just 'okay'. I don't really like it."
or
"I like it but I don't think I'd ever use it on a real person. Maybe for one of your books?"
or
"No. I hate it!"

I can normally bet on a variation of one of those responses for each and every name I suggested. Then I suggested (name we've decided on but we're not gonna disclose until further notice).

His response:
"I actually love that!"

I was in shock! I'd been suggesting names for weeks and he had nixed every one of them until this one specific name! I literally felt a weight off my shoulders!

That was the day I wrote the 'I'm Open To Suggestions!' post. I normally wouldn't settle for a name I mildly like, but I had a breakthrough with Josh so I couldn't let the only name go that Josh didn't hate go simply because I'm totally desensitized by boys names.

So, I'm still learning to love it, but I'm sure, with time, I'll love it just as much as Lincolns name (which I didn't love at first sight either...) and who knows? We might not even need it if this kiddo is a girl. I guess we'll find out in 11 days if its gonna be pink or blue for us!

Please vote for the gender if you haven't already yet! 

Thanks for reading!

Mackenzie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36 Pregnancy Update

Lincoln 7 Week Update

Something Terrible Happened