Slow Down
As I was snuggling Lincoln while he slept before he went to bed tonight, I felt the need to write a brief post about something I feel people forget oftentimes nowadays.
SLOW DOWN.
Sometimes, those dishes can wait an hour.
Sometimes, that laundry pile can get a little bigger.
I urge everyone who has kids to slow down sometimes and just spend time with your children because they grow up so fast.
I know Lincoln is only 6 months old, but I still feel like he's growing and changing faster than I can even realize. In this short time, he's learned to hold up his head, smile, giggle, roll in all directions, recognize his name, say mama, sit up for small periods and now he's on the brink of crawling.
I've been shirking off some of my housework for the past two days, but I'm deciding to let it go because Lincoln is starting to figure out crawling and I don't want to miss his ah-ha moments. Its one of the biggest joys I can think of as a mother to see him making connections in that sweet little head of his.
Sometimes, I hold him while he sleeps, even though I know he should be in his bed for naps. I just know that someday he won't want mommy to hold him and rock him while he dreams. I would hate to look back when he's graduating high school and going on his mission and wish I'd taken the time to slow down and relish in these little moments.
So, as I said, please, take the time to show your children something new, sit down and read a book, do an activity together or even just sit and talk to them, because they'll be big before you know it.
Thanks for reading,
Mackenzie
SLOW DOWN.
Sometimes, those dishes can wait an hour.
Sometimes, that laundry pile can get a little bigger.
I urge everyone who has kids to slow down sometimes and just spend time with your children because they grow up so fast.
I know Lincoln is only 6 months old, but I still feel like he's growing and changing faster than I can even realize. In this short time, he's learned to hold up his head, smile, giggle, roll in all directions, recognize his name, say mama, sit up for small periods and now he's on the brink of crawling.
I've been shirking off some of my housework for the past two days, but I'm deciding to let it go because Lincoln is starting to figure out crawling and I don't want to miss his ah-ha moments. Its one of the biggest joys I can think of as a mother to see him making connections in that sweet little head of his.
Sometimes, I hold him while he sleeps, even though I know he should be in his bed for naps. I just know that someday he won't want mommy to hold him and rock him while he dreams. I would hate to look back when he's graduating high school and going on his mission and wish I'd taken the time to slow down and relish in these little moments.
So, as I said, please, take the time to show your children something new, sit down and read a book, do an activity together or even just sit and talk to them, because they'll be big before you know it.
Thanks for reading,
Mackenzie
Comments
Love,
Mom