Lincoln Weeks 24 & 25 Update
Get ready for Lincoln's latest update! He's been up to a lot in the past two weeks.
This is Lincoln's favorite sleeping position, followed closely by laying flat on his face in a perfect plank. He sleeps in this position I'd say about 90% of the time these days and it goes to show, he truly is his mothers son! I sleep the exact same way!
These rubber blocks are Lincoln's latest find. He absolutely loves chewing on them, especially since he's teething.
He also really likes the stacking tower of fun (as we affectionately call it) He can't help himself! Whenever its put in front of him, he knocks it over! Maybe its because there's beads in the top and they make a fun noise when the tower falls over? I don't think we'll ever know for sure, but at least it makes Lincoln excited and I can see the wheels going in his little brain when he plays.
My adorable little man has been a bit under the weather over the past few days. He has his very first cold and he's having a really difficult time coping. He was up till 3 AM Tuesday night and he's had a runny nose for almost three days now. You can just tell that he's feeling horrible almost all the time.
Another effect of the cold is that he doesn't want to eat, which is very abnormal for him. Of course, I can't just let him not eat so I either have to burrito him so he can't wriggle away or I put socks on his hands so he can't scratch me while he flails around to avoid having to eat. Poor guy. :(
When he's not feeling crummy, he flashes his adorable smile and it makes my sleep deprivation bearable.
He has become a pro at rolling. Most of the pictures I took from this 'photo session' were blurry because he kept rolling over! And its not just one way, its front-back, back-front and he can roll either right or left. I'm so proud!
I couldn't believe my ears when Lincoln said mama for the first time on the 18th, and he hasn't stopped saying it since. I'd say more than half of his babbling is him saying "Mamamamamama." I love it! Here's a video of my sweet little darling saying Mama!
One of my favorite things about Lincoln is his curiosity! He's constantly reaching out, trying to grab everything. At the same time, however, it makes me that much more concerned about when he's gonna start crawling. It was so cute; Lincoln reached out for his daddy a few days ago. Talk about melting my heart.
Speaking of crawling, he made a major step towards his next milestone today! I'm so glad I had my camera ready because this photo captures his very first time getting his belly off the ground without any help! Even though it was only about two centimeters, I'm still so proud of him!
I saw this picture and I realized, I'm probably going to be seeing this look a lot throughout the years. It looks like he's thinking, "I'm not up to anything devious..."
I love watching him as he starts to think things through. This morning, I handed him a toy and he kept pulling it towards his mouth, which was wide open, and then he would pull it away and shake it a little. I don't think he could decide whether or not to shake it or eat it. Too funny!
Thanks for reading!
Mackenzie
Comments