Three More Weeks
So Josh and I finally saved enough to make one of our dreams come true... We are buying a house!
We looked at a grand total of three properties. The first one we looked at we loved, but we found out the day after we looked at it that there is a mold problem that has been going on for the past ten years. We immediately got as far away as possible, and started looking at the properties our realtor sent us through email. We found two more townhomes that looked interesting, so she scheduled the showings.
We looked at them both on October 11th. The first one was an odd layout, it had two bedrooms with a bathroom attached to each one individually (it seemed to be suited better for two college roomies as opposed to a growing family, like us) but we wanted to keep our minds open, just in case the second one of the day was not great either.
The moment we pulled up to the house, I knew it was gonna be really well staged on the inside.
This townhouse has three bedrooms, two bathrooms with a one car garage and backyard. Josh was thrilled to see a garage actually attached to the house! It has a workbench and lots of vertical storage space what he likes too.
We walked into the house and it smelled amazing! There's wood floor on the entire main level. The kitchen has stainless steel appliances, which is something I have only dreamed of. The kitchen is spacious, considering the entire first floor is only about 600 square feet. Everything is open and bright!
The backyard is cute! Small, but cute. Half of it is patio, the other half is grass. There's also a fully grown aspen tree too!
The second level is just under 800 square feet. The bedrooms are all on one level, just the way I like it. One of the BEST features of this place is the laundry closet is on the second floor so I don't have to carry baskets up and down the stairs!
The only bathroom on the second floor is shared between the master bedroom and hallway. So it's like a master suite/Jack-and-Jill bath type thing.
It's also a north-facing house so it won't get too much sun in the living room.
We were so in love with it, we actually put in an offer on the very same day. We had to wait two days to hear back if they would accept our offer. It was a very long two days!
They countered their offer and we accepted! We were under contract as of the 13th! Over the course of the next five days, between us and the sellers, we got the loan done, inspection done and the appraisal done. Everything turned out fantastic with everything so things are a-go for us Packers!
Closing day is the 12th of November and we move in on the 15th! I'll definitely take lots of pictures when we move in to show you all the layout!!! We couldn't be more excited! Now all we have to do is pack... Luckily, there's not a whole lot out from our last move so it should go quickly!
Thanks for reading!
Mackenzie
P.S. I'm going to get back to blogging a lot more often, I know I haven't been the best at updating it! So expect more posts very soon!
Comments