Goin' All Natural

At least that's the plan. As you know, I made the decision to not have an epidural while I was in my birthing class. But I'm hoping to have no pain meds of any kind and I hope to not be induced on the 30th of December if my body feels like cooperating and starting labor by itself before then.

As you know, I do NOT like needles of any kind. I know that I wouldn't even see the epidural as its going into my back but I honestly feel nauseous just thinking about it (my stomach is churning a little just from writing this post... I'm not kidding)

Another reason I don't want pain medication is that I personally believe that this is what a woman's body is made to do. Women have been doing it naturally for centuries and they survived. I can too.

Probably the biggest reason I'm not wanting any kind of medicine is because my birthing class teacher said when she was still delivering babies, she could tell when a babies mom had used some kind of medicine. The babies who are delivered without meds are much more alert and they tend to be more interested in breastfeeding in the first few hours of life as well.

I feel so blessed to have the support of my loving husband in this big decision. He said he'd support me in any birthing method I decided to do. I'm pretty sure I have the best hubby in the world!

I'm excited to take on the challenge of going pain med free! Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading!

Mackenzie

Comments

Alex said…
That's so incredible! Giving birth is hard, and painful. But if you're learning good breathing techniques in your birthing classes, you'll be able to manage to pain. (: I would just have a place in your birthplan that states that if it becomes too painful, and you can't handle, you can still get an epidural, if you really need one. (And if you ask for it in time...)

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36 Pregnancy Update

Lincoln 7 Week Update

Something Terrible Happened