Comments, Questions, Concerns

I wanted to take a moment and let some of my thoughts and questions come out. (AKA I'm letting my ADD run free for just a few minutes. Bear with me.)
   
     First off, I wanted to ask the world, has anyone else been diagnosed with Group B Strep at their first appointment? My doctor told me only 30% of women even develop it and they usually can't even detect it until the 35th week or so. I found out at 10 weeks! What the heck?!

(Here's a link for anyone who doesn't know what GBS is...)
http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-problems/articles/group-b-strep.aspx
   
    Secondly, I'm trying to figure out what is going on with my skin. One day, it'll be crystal clear. The next day, it's as bad as when I was in junior high. Silly hormones...
   
     I can't figure out why I'm craving sugar so much. I love a good Almond Joy or Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory fudge and toffee as much as anyone. But in the past week, I just cannot stop thinking about those Golden Oreos at the grocery store and I keep trying to convince myself that that's a VERY bad idea. I am one of those people that will have that whole thing gone before the hubby gets home...
   
     How can a mass (almost) the size of a yellow onion STILL be tucking itself away in my tummy somewhere? Maybe this is a blessing, maybe because I'm not showing so early, my pre-pregnancy tummy will come back easier?? We can only hope.
   
     Now for the good stuff!

     I've felt Baby P's movements more and more this week. I had my mini laptop sitting on my tummy for the first half of this post and I felt three firm hits directly on the bottom of my lappy. From that, I've come to two conclusions.
     First: The baby is just like my husband. If baby doesn't like something, it's going to do something about it.
     Secondly: At only 16 weeks, I'm fairly certain I've got a muscle baby in there.

     Funny story from the first ultrasound. The doc found a perfect profile of baby on its back and the little one was wiggling like crazy. I told Josh to hurry and record it while it was still moving. The moment Josh hit the record button, Baby P. stopped. The doc was poking at my tummy, trying to agitate the babe and, alas, nothing. He tried again. Nothing. So Josh stopped recording and voila! Moving baby.
     At ten weeks, it was already like Josh. Stubborn and camera shy. :)

     Two weeks exactly till we find out the gender. My prediction is a girl, Josh's is a boy. Who will be right?

And thus ends my ADD pregnancy post. I hope you enjoyed reading and great job making it to the end. :)

Thanks for reading!

Mackenzie

Comments

Haha Kenzie you're awesome :)