Things Have Drastically Changed
Today has had its ups and downs and I wanted to inform everyone on my current situation regarding my current all over my belly with a focus on my lower right hand side. Ordinarily if I use the restroom, I feel a lot better when I'm having a round ligaeasilyain but this was different. It didn't go away, it actually got worse when I would have Braxton Hicks contractions.
I stuck with the pain for about 45 minutes before I decided to call the hospital because the pain just wasn't letting up. When I woke up Josh and told him that I need to go to the hospital, we quickly got ready and left the house. We were out the door probably less than 10 minutes.
The whole ride there, I had my head stuck out the window in fear that I would puke due to extreme nausea caused by the mysterious pain.
We made it to the hospital by about 4:45, and they immediately sent me up from the emergency department to the Women's Center and hooked me up to the fetal monitor as well as the contraction monitor. My abdominal discomfort was extremely painful, we thought it was going to be a kidney stone or appendicitis. They did a urine test and blood test and the urine test came back perfectly normal and my blood test showed that I was low a little bit on my white blood cell count but not enough to cause a lot of concern.
I got a new nurse at six in the morning and she proceeded to check my cervix and make sure that I wasn't dilating because I started having some really strong, very regular contractions. She was worried that I was dilating and my cervix was ripening when it wasn't supposed to. When she checked me, I was at a one and a half centimeters dilated, which is a really bad thing when you're this early. Putting it simply; I was going into preterm labor.
We started with some oral pills to try to lower the contractions and when that didn't work they had to give me seven other things before they actually went away. The contractions finally started regulating themselves at about 2:30, when they completely stopped. Luckily, because they did regulate themselves, I am able to just be on a modified bed rest, as opposed to complete bed rest or being stuck in the hospital for weeks and weeks just to try to keep labor at bay for as long as possible.
My mother in law works and I won't be able to continue living at her place because once I get home I'm not going to be able to lift the baby and I'm not going to be able to go upstairs constantly. I'm know I'm going to be pretty much confined to my bed and have the ability to lay on the couch with minimal other movements, such as using the restroom, or taking a shower.
They told me that if I can just make it to 32 weeks the chances of our baby having brain damage or blindness or deafness goes way, way down. Our goal as of this moment is to try to make it to 32 weeks which is March 30th.
My mom and dad offered to let me and Josh move into their house until I am no longer pregnant so my mom can take care of Lincoln because I'm not allowed to lift him anymore. I'm so blessed to have both my immediate family and my in laws to be willing to help with all of this because I'm not able to help myself very easily.
I ordinarily don't ask for things like this, but if we could be kept in everyone's prayers so our little guy has best start at life as he can, Josh, Lincoln and I would very much appreciate it.
So that's what's going on, I'll keep everyone updated on how the little guys doing as the weeks (hopefully months!) go by.
Thanks for reading!
Mackenzie
Comments