Hair Products Review #1

I GOT A PIXIE! And I love it :)

I just wanted to make a quick post on the products I use to style my new 'do'. I had a pixie before (about 5 years ago) and I'm so glad I got one again! Here's just a quick review of each of the products I use. (All can be purchased at Target as of 5/13/2013)

I bought the Cantu Shea Butter Pomade the day I got my haircut. I used to use D:fi brand pomade and I remembered that it make my hands feel greasy when I would adjust my style. This stuff, however, hardly makes your hands feel greasy, has a low shine (so it doesn't make your hair look greasy) and its extremely moldable. Its super easy to re-style your hair throughout the day, especially if your hair is monster think like mine. I also love the price: I got it for about $5!

This is Pantene Medium-Thick Anti Humidity level 4 hairspray (maximum hold). I'll admit, I absolutely hated this hairspray when I had my long locks because it would make my hair look super greasy when I would use it. But now, I love it because it can hold a sassy style like the photo at the top without looking greasy.

I just barely used this product today and I LOVE IT! Its the Aussie brand Aussome Volume styling mousse. Because my hair is so thick and heavy, a lot of volumizers don't work. I honestly can't think of a single one. This product is amazing at lifting my hair, something I've been looking for for a long time. It's probably the best internet-guided suggestion I've ever had. 


On another matter: I challenge every girl should try a Pixie at least once in your life especially if you've been wanting to do it but you're too afraid. That's the beauty of hair; it grows back. So if you're dying to chop it, do it! If you need a hand to hold while the stylist cuts off your flowing locks, I'll totally hold your hand! I was super nervous about chopping it, even though it was just a few inches, but I haven't regretted it even a little.

Getting ready for the day takes 25 minutes or less with my shorter hair.

7 minutes to shower
5 minutes to dry my hair
3 minutes tops to style
5 minutes to do makeup
5 minutes to pick an outfit and get dressed

Have no fear! Take the plunge! Chop it!!!


Thanks for reading!!!

Mackenzie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36 Pregnancy Update

Lincoln 7 Week Update

Something Terrible Happened