Reminiscing

So I'm going to be a bit sappy for a moment or two so PREPARE YOURSELF...





On this day, one year ago, I took 3 positive pregnancy tests.


THIS DAY ONE YEAR AGO WAS THE VERY DAY MY LIFE WAS CHANGED FOR GOOD

I'm getting a bit teary eyed when I realize all the blessings that have happened in my life since I saw those three pink lines.



Josh got a substantial raise not even two weeks after I got the positive results, allowing us to rightfully prepare for our little baby on the way.

My pregnancy was 100% easier than I could have ever imagined. I never threw up, I hardly felt nauseous and my swelling was kept to a minimum.

My labor was super easy since I got my epidural not even 15 minutes after my water was broken.



And most of all, I was blessed with the best little boy this girl could ever ask for.









With Josh's work being sufficient for us to live without me working, being able to stay home with this adorable little boy every moment of every day, the ability to comfort him, teach him, and simply love him is a testament to me that God is good. Even though cash gets tight sometimes, we always have enough to make it through. 

Motherhood has thus far been much more than I ever imagined. I always thought it would be a ton of work, especially at this stage of Lincoln's life, yet, the 'work' is better described as, simply put, joyful. It doesn't seem like work to wake up whenever he needs to be fed and changed because when I look into my baby's eyes, I can see that he loves me with all his heart and that's all this mother could ask for. Another simple statement; I LOVE being a mother and I couldn't imagine my life going any other way, EVEN THOUGH I'm only 19.

My heart is so full with gratitude with all the blessings our little family has received over this past year is almost overwhelming.



And I love it.



Thanks for reading,

Mackenzie

Comments

Christy said…
Sweet post! Isn't motherhood wonderful? =)
katie ridings said…
Happy baby!! I love reminiscing :)

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36 Pregnancy Update

Lincoln 7 Week Update

Something Terrible Happened