Lincoln Week 1 Update

I can't believe my baby is already a week old! I'm going to do baby updates periodically to let you all know how he's doing and some milestones he's passing. I'm also going to post postpardum photos of my tummy so you can see the progress with that. Another thing, I've been sort of obsessively taking pictures and videos of Lincoln over the past week so sorry if you feel bombarded; I can't help myself!


So we've had a lot of help since we left the hospital on Saturday. My mom and Josh's mom have both come over for a day or two to help out around the house and with Lincoln. I feel so blessed to have such a great support system behind me in this crazy ride of parenthood.


For the past few nights, Lincoln has either been sleeping well or not sleeping at all. One of the hard things I've experienced thus far in motherhood is learning what each of Lincoln's cries means. I've been having a difficult time figuring out what Lincoln wants so I end up trying everything; feeding, changing, swaddling or adding/removing layers of clothing. I'm sure I'll learn sometime soon but until then, its a little frustrating.


Something we've been dealing with since Saturday is that Lincoln has a mild case of Jaundice. He's been to the doctor 3 times this week and he's had to be poked 2 times. Poor little guy doesn't like the doctor so far! Luckily, the yellow tinting of his skin and of the whites of his eyes has been fading significantly. The pediatrician suggested we strip him down to nothing but a diaper and let him bask in the sun for a little while and that's been helping a lot!


Just for the record, My baby is a champion when it comes to feeding. He's taking the breast extremely well, he's even leaning into my chest when he's getting hungry!


I remember writing in an past post that I thought Lincoln was gonna be big and strong. I never could have predicted he'd be this big! He doesn't fit in newborn clothes (yes, already!) and he's already trying to hold his head up! What a champion!


I think this pretty little pink spot in the center of his upper his forehead might be a birthmark. At first I thought it might be a bruise from the delivery but it hasn't faded, even a little. I guess time will tell :)


For a brief update about how I'm doing, the damage done during labor is healing well and my tummy has gone down a ton! I'm so happy to be feeling more like my old self.


I can't think of anything that could top the emotional high I get from being a mother to my sweet little boy. I'm excited to see him grow and progress, and to share those milestones with all of you! 

Thanks for reading!

Mackenzie

Comments

Unknown said…
Love love love the pictures! It's amazing to see how much he's changed in only one week!
katie ridings said…
YAY congrats he is here!! So precious & so little. You look great!!
Madison said…
Aww!! I look at some pictures and he looks like you as a wee babe and others he doesn't look like you. I must say I show off pictures of the little tyke to anyone who will look at them :)
Madison said…
PS the pic with his little tongue out is to-die-for adorable!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36 Pregnancy Update

Lincoln 7 Week Update

Something Terrible Happened