Big News!

9/16/13

So, Josh and I have been trying to get pregnant for about two and a half months. I took a test on the 7th of September and it was clearly negative. I figured my period was just running late since Its 41 days since my last period and I'm still breastfeeding. But I took a pregnancy test today just to be sure, since my last cycle was only 35 days. I was shocked to see this:



I'M PREGNANT AGAIN!!!

So, I'm still so much in shock! I can't believe this is actually happening! My first thought when seeing the 'pregnant' word on the test was, "HOLY CRAP!". Actually, I still kinda feel like that, to be honest! Its just so surreal!

I can't wait for you all to see the video of mine and Josh's reactions once I post them!

I was touching my tummy today, trying to imagine my next sweet baby growing in there and I just can't even comprehend what's going on in this head of mine. I already feel such a connection with my next little one even though he/she can't be bigger than a pea. I feel so motivated to take care of myself so they can be the best they can be once the next eight months are all over and done with.

I guess it's time then to do my first pregnancy update!

How Far Along? 6 weeks, according to my period. 4 weeks. I had a doctors appointment two weeks after I found out and at my ultrasound, my doc said I was 6 weeks, 1 day along.
Starting Weight: 153 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: I don't need them, but I think I'll wear the maternity sweats now since they're so darn comfy!
Stretch Marks: I don't have any from this pregnancy so far (I'd surely hope not!)
Sleep: I've been having a harder time sleeping lately but that's due to self infliction (staying up late watching movies with Josh, browsing Pinterest, stuff like that...) So what I really mean is, I'm just not going to bed at a decent hour and Lincoln still wakes me up at 7 am every day so, its my own fault.
Best Moment This Week: Seeing the 'pregnant' word come up on my Clearblue digital tests! (A video will be posted on this blog once I announce it to the world!
Have You Told Family and Friends? So far, we've told my parents and Josh's mom. All three were very surprised!
Miss Anything? Not yet... But I'm sure this part won't last long being empty.
Movement? I wish! No, that shouldn't happen for at least ten more weeks :( I've heard that pregnancy veterans can feel the baby move sooner than the average Joe since they know what a moving baby feels like, so I guess we'll find out if its true!
Food Cravings: Asian food! I need to double check and make sure those microwave meals are pregnant-mama safe!
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick? Eggs! (again!) I made them about a week and a half ago only to feel like crap for the rest of the day! I guess I'll leave my dear over-easy's to Josh for the next eight months!
Have You Started Showing Yet? I can only wish that my post-partum chub from my first pregnancy was me already showing... but alas, its not. So, nope, I'm not showing yet! It should be interesting to see how long it takes though. As you know, it took until week nineteen for me to show even a little!
Gender Prediction: We both are desperately hoping for a little girl but we have a sneaking suspicion its gonna be another boy. That would be so fun for Linc to have a little brother!
Labor Signs? Nope!!!
Symptoms: Not much, to be honest. I've been a lot hungrier, a lot sleepier and I've been a lot more emotional. I was looking back on my symptoms from last time and I haven't felt sick at all (forgetting the over-easy egg experience...) so maybe this means we'll get our wish of a little girl!
Belly Button, In or Out? Still an innie!
Wedding Ring, On or Off? On! I'll wear it every day until it won't fit, then I'll just wear my Valentines ring, just like last time.
Looking Forward To: My first appointment so I can hear the heartbeat. That's when it all felt real for me when I was pregnant with Lincoln.

So, I just had a few thoughts through the course of today that I'd like to touch on before I forget.
I honestly can't believe that I have another little baby growing in my tummy. It really hasn't hit me yet. Personally, I feel like I have a better perspective on the whole pregnancy business when it comes to the prize at the end. I know that the swelling, aching back, sick stomach, stretch marks, raging emotions and, finally, a whole lot of labor gives you the best prize you could ever ask for after such a journey.

A sweet spirit straight from heaven that I have been trusted with to raise and teach.

Its an amazing thought. I can't believe that God would trust me to take care of another one of his sweet spirits. All I can keep thinking is, what did I do to deserve another little one? I feel so terribly blessed to have that opportunity. I can't wait to be a mommy again!!!

10/16/13

How Far Along? 8 weeks
Weight Gain: 2 lbs.
Maternity Clothes? Sometimes, when I want to feel particularly comfortable. I don't really need them yet, but since I've been kinda bloaty over the past month, I still wear them.
Stretch Marks? No new ones have popped up but a few of my old ones decided to turn all dark and purple again which kinda sucks. Although, I can live with it so long as I don't get new ones (which I seriously doubt is even possible)
Sleep: My sleep this week has been great, actually! Lincoln has been sleeping in until 9 AM almost every morning which has been wonderful!
Best Moment This Week? Taking Lincoln to the zoo for the first time ever! Josh had the day off yesterday so we all went as a family!
Miss Anything? Being able to eat stuff. Feeling queasy 90% of the time is getting kinda old. Hopefully my tummy will get back to normal soon.
Movement? None yet!
Food Cravings? Sugary stuff and grilled cheese sandwiches. I've had a grilled cheese almost every day for lunch and dinner this week.
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick? Pretty much everything other than what I just listed.
Have You Started Showing Yet? I can definitely tell that my bump is starting to poke out but its still not enough for Josh to tell just yet, so yes, but no.
Gender Prediction? I think its gonna be a girl (and not just because I really want one) I'll explain the reasons why in the symptoms category.
Labor Signs? None yet.
Symptoms? My stomach has been so much more upset with this pregnancy than before and I feel way more emotional. This pregnancy feels different than before, and maybe its just wishful thinking, but I totally think I'll be having a girl because of that.
Belly Button, In or Out? Still an innie!
Wedding Ring, On or Off? Still on!
Looking Forward To? Halloween so I can dress up little Linc in his monkey costume. He's gonna be adorable!!!

I still can't find my regular camera, thats why I don't have any weekly pictures up. I do have my video camera though so I'll start taking regular weekly photos starting Sunday.


Since we're big gamers at my house, I thought it was only appropriate to make this be my official pregnancy announcement photo!

So my updates will either be posted Sundays or Mondays every week!
Thanks for reading!

Mackenzie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something Terrible Happened

Three More Weeks

We Got The Keys!