Lincoln 8 Week Update

I can't believe my baby is 8 weeks old already! Everything has flown by so fast, I can hardly keep up!

Lincoln slept from 11 PM last night till 5:30 this morning and he went back down at 6:30. He's still sleeping and its 8:30. I was just able to eat my breakfast without any interruptions, its a nice change!


Lincoln loves to be bathed, especially when I pour water all over him with a cup! the one part he doesn't really like is when I wash his back. For some reason, he doesn't like it when his back gets messed with, unless he's being patted. He also loves being covered in lotion when he's all done in the bath. 


Lincoln has been smiling and giggling more this last week than he ever has before! Its made my hard work and sacrifices for him all worth it!


He's starting to show more of his little personality! I'll tell you, he's nothing like me already! He's pretty quitet and not too talkative. When I was his age, I couldn't stop babbling, even when I was alone! I haven't heard him coo or gurgle while he's been alone in his crib. 


He's getting more interested in the world around him and its so exciting! He's batting at things now and he's making eye contact with people. He's progressing so quickly, its kind of surprising. Lincoln is holding his head up so well and I'm so proud of him!

As you can see, Linc's birthmark is still quite dark in the middle of his forehead. I kind of hope it sticks around since I think its kinda cool, although he may not agree with me later in life.

Breastfeeding is going really well. Lincoln really has a good handle on everything. Sometimes however, he still has a bit of an issue with pushing against me (I don't think he realizes his own strength quite yet) which causes him to unlatch, which makes him mad. But most of the time he feeds like a champ.

Just a quick word about how my cloth diapering is going. I've been doing this for about two and a half weeks now and its strangely a lot of fun. I honestly can't even explain it, I mean, its still changing your kid's poopy diapers. Its still doing something that is usually considered gross. However, I still love doing it. Its much more enjoyable than using disposables. Maybe its the fact that Josh and I are saving the planet, one cloth diaper at a time, or maybe its the fact that we're already saving so much money. Whatever it is, I'm really, truly enjoying it. 

So far, I have 24 bumGenius! Freetime diapers, 24 bumGenius fleece wipes, bumGenius wipe solution and disposable diaper liners. I wasn't planning on using the liners but the diaper sprayer we bought doesn't connect well with the fixtures on the toilet and I found the liners that actually do just as good of a job and are a lot quicker to use. So until we have a toilet that works with the sprayer, I've decided to just use the liners. 

I think I'm going to try out a couple brands of diapers that I don't have yet. If anyone has a recommendation they'd like to throw out, I'm all ears!

Thanks for reading!

Mackenzie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something Terrible Happened

Three More Weeks

We Got The Keys!