There Was an Accident
Josh called me as he was leaving work, as he always does, to let me know he was on his way home. I asked him about his day and we were chit chatting for about fifteen minutes. About halfway down 2-01, he says "Hold on a sec." followed by a huge crash on the other side of the phone. I sat there for a few seconds, wondering what happened. Ten seconds roll by and he gets back on the phone.
"I just got in an accident." He said.
"What?! Are you okay?" I ask.
"Yeah, I'm alright, but I need to go. I'll call you back soon."
I was worried sick!
He called me back a couple minutes later in a panic. "I forgot to take the Blazer off suspension, its not covered by our insurance!"
I then spent the next 45 minutes trying to get a hold of someone from Allstate (I waited on hold three separate times, once for 10 minutes, once for 15 minutes, another time for 20... so ridiculous.) to ask them what we should do.
Josh called my mom-in-law because he couldn't get through to me due to me being on hold. She gave the phone to me and I hung up, yet again, on Allstate.
He said that he was a little sore, but okay. He also said there was another lady involved other than him and the girl who hit him, who broke her leg and she got taken to the ER.
When he called, he was almost home, so he said he would explain exactly what happened when he got here.
Josh showed up, saying his neck, low back, and right thumb was hurting again. (His thumb was already messed up due to an injury he had when we were first married. We thought it was just a hyperextension of the tendon, so we thought it would get better on its own with a little restraint on the joint. It turns out it was a much bigger problem that requires surgery that he's going to have done this September.)
Here's what happened. He was driving about 65 miles an hour and he looked in his rear view mirror. A car was fish-tailing all over the road, moving at about 70 miles an hour. Instead of slamming on his brakes, he slowed down to 50 or 55 mph just before she hit his back bumper with the side of her car.
"I just got in an accident." He said.
"What?! Are you okay?" I ask.
"Yeah, I'm alright, but I need to go. I'll call you back soon."
I was worried sick!
He called me back a couple minutes later in a panic. "I forgot to take the Blazer off suspension, its not covered by our insurance!"
I then spent the next 45 minutes trying to get a hold of someone from Allstate (I waited on hold three separate times, once for 10 minutes, once for 15 minutes, another time for 20... so ridiculous.) to ask them what we should do.
Josh called my mom-in-law because he couldn't get through to me due to me being on hold. She gave the phone to me and I hung up, yet again, on Allstate.
He said that he was a little sore, but okay. He also said there was another lady involved other than him and the girl who hit him, who broke her leg and she got taken to the ER.
When he called, he was almost home, so he said he would explain exactly what happened when he got here.
Josh showed up, saying his neck, low back, and right thumb was hurting again. (His thumb was already messed up due to an injury he had when we were first married. We thought it was just a hyperextension of the tendon, so we thought it would get better on its own with a little restraint on the joint. It turns out it was a much bigger problem that requires surgery that he's going to have done this September.)
Here's what happened. He was driving about 65 miles an hour and he looked in his rear view mirror. A car was fish-tailing all over the road, moving at about 70 miles an hour. Instead of slamming on his brakes, he slowed down to 50 or 55 mph just before she hit his back bumper with the side of her car.
It used to be straight
You can see the damage better right here
You can clearly see where her car hit Josh's bumper.
After she hit Josh, she hit another lady, breaking the womans leg.
The cops were called after everyone pulled over. It was a huge blessing that the cop didn't ticket Josh for not having up to date registration (if expired at the end of June) and having the insurance on suspension, but he let it slide and told Josh to take care of it.
After Josh left his statement and got back in the car, he realized that the whole frame of the Blazer had shifted forward and he could barely close the door all the way. It's probably totaled, if we had to guess right now.
Josh was so thankful when he got home though. He said at the rate the lady was moving and how bad she was swerving all over the road, its a miracle she didn't flip completely on top of him.
It was an experience that we learned some lessons from, like make sure your cars registration is up to date and the insurance is not suspended. (A painless lesson, those are the best)
We were so thankful that the girls car didn't flip on top of Josh because he could have been very badly injured, even killed.
Its a good reminder to always thank the Lord for your blessings, because you never know when things could go south and bad things can happen, potentially taking away the things you love.
We are so grateful that Josh wasn't hurt worse and that nobody was critically injured.
Thanks for reading!
Mackenzie
.jpeg)


Comments