Lincoln Weeks 32-35 Update
Hey! Long time, no see! I apologize for my lack of posts for the last while. Things have been absurdly crazy for the past few weeks and I've been too busy to post anything. Luckily, I have a few extra minutes to make a Lincoln post this morning.
Sadly, I don't have any pictures for this post! Hopefully I'll find my camera by next week so I can post some pictures!
Lincoln has made some great progress over the past 4 weeks. He can pull himself to standing quite easily. Ever since he's figured this out, he's been so much happier. Half the time he just laughs while he's pulling himself up.
He's trying to walk while holding onto your hands. It's so cute when he tries to walk because he breathes really fast and he can't stop smiling. Also, he's doing really well with cruising!
Linc hasn't really made any further leaps to crawling. He still does the army crawl and he's like a speed demon. I leave him for about a minute while I toss his diaper and wash my hands and he's clear across the room!
As of today, he says mama, dada, baba, nana, and occasionally papa. I heard him make the 'o' sound a few days ago so I'm getting super excited! Also, his favorite noise to make is like a bloodcurdling (but happy) scream whenever he gets excited.
These past two weeks have been terrible in the sleeping department. He wakes us up at least once a night (one night he woke up every two hours to be fed! Its like having a newborn all over again) and I'm attributing it to a growth spurt. He's been happy when he first wakes up but after a couple hours of being awake, he gets super grumpy. So as of now, he's been taking 3-4 naps a day since he's so tired.
Lincoln has started eating solids! So far he's tried Cheerios, banana and sweet potato puffs, and cut up peaches and bananas. I'm surprised that he likes the Cheerios so much since they're so bland but he can't get enough! His pincer grasp has become very well controlled and he's picking stuff up like a pro!
When it comes to homemade baby food, he's tried banana, peach, avocado and carrot puree. His favorite is probably avocado, which is (again) surprising since its so bland but hey, he likes his veggies so I guess I can't complain.
We're planning to invest in a convertible car seat soon because he's tipping the scales at around 18 and 1/2 pounds. Its becoming really difficult to carry him in the infant car seat up and down a flight of stairs to get to the car. So hopefully, that'll happen sooner rather than later.
Thanks for reading!
Mackenzie
Sadly, I don't have any pictures for this post! Hopefully I'll find my camera by next week so I can post some pictures!
Lincoln has made some great progress over the past 4 weeks. He can pull himself to standing quite easily. Ever since he's figured this out, he's been so much happier. Half the time he just laughs while he's pulling himself up.
He's trying to walk while holding onto your hands. It's so cute when he tries to walk because he breathes really fast and he can't stop smiling. Also, he's doing really well with cruising!
Linc hasn't really made any further leaps to crawling. He still does the army crawl and he's like a speed demon. I leave him for about a minute while I toss his diaper and wash my hands and he's clear across the room!
As of today, he says mama, dada, baba, nana, and occasionally papa. I heard him make the 'o' sound a few days ago so I'm getting super excited! Also, his favorite noise to make is like a bloodcurdling (but happy) scream whenever he gets excited.
These past two weeks have been terrible in the sleeping department. He wakes us up at least once a night (one night he woke up every two hours to be fed! Its like having a newborn all over again) and I'm attributing it to a growth spurt. He's been happy when he first wakes up but after a couple hours of being awake, he gets super grumpy. So as of now, he's been taking 3-4 naps a day since he's so tired.
Lincoln has started eating solids! So far he's tried Cheerios, banana and sweet potato puffs, and cut up peaches and bananas. I'm surprised that he likes the Cheerios so much since they're so bland but he can't get enough! His pincer grasp has become very well controlled and he's picking stuff up like a pro!
When it comes to homemade baby food, he's tried banana, peach, avocado and carrot puree. His favorite is probably avocado, which is (again) surprising since its so bland but hey, he likes his veggies so I guess I can't complain.
We're planning to invest in a convertible car seat soon because he's tipping the scales at around 18 and 1/2 pounds. Its becoming really difficult to carry him in the infant car seat up and down a flight of stairs to get to the car. So hopefully, that'll happen sooner rather than later.
Thanks for reading!
Mackenzie
Comments