I'm not sure exactly how to start this post, but I know it needs to be written. I don't want to forget this experience even though it feels so painful. Last week, I was a little over 4 weeks along and my prenatal vitamins came in the mail. I was diligently making a pregnancy test chart to compare the darkness of the test lines from the day before. I was feeling so much better than I did before our pregnancy loss last year (the second line was visible for a day and then the line disappeared and my cycle started soon after) since the test line was clearly visible, even from an arms length away. The day after I started my vitamins, I noticed that my nausea had basically gone away, something I was thrilled about since I hate feeling sick like that. My skin started breaking out worse than it had all week and I chalked it up to pregnancy hormones. We had my in-laws over for Mother's Day and just before we started cooking up S'mores, I felt a wave of depression hit me. I ...
So Josh and I finally saved enough to make one of our dreams come true... We are buying a house! We looked at a grand total of three properties. The first one we looked at we loved, but we found out the day after we looked at it that there is a mold problem that has been going on for the past ten years. We immediately got as far away as possible, and started looking at the properties our realtor sent us through email. We found two more townhomes that looked interesting, so she scheduled the showings. We looked at them both on October 11th. The first one was an odd layout, it had two bedrooms with a bathroom attached to each one individually (it seemed to be suited better for two college roomies as opposed to a growing family, like us) but we wanted to keep our minds open, just in case the second one of the day was not great either. The moment we pulled up to the house, I knew it was gonna be really wel...
We got the keys on Tuesday! It feels so weird to hold the key to our house in my hands. Its surreal, and I still haven't gotten used to it! The boys and I went over to collect the keys and garage door openers and it felt so good walking in. I can't believe that its only one more day until we are in our own house! It will be just wonderful! If I remember, I will take pictures of moving in and I'll make a post! Thanks for reading! Mackenzie
Comments